Friday 19 July 2019

The end of a period, thinking about the future

Some years ago I began to implement an activity that one of my teachers used in a class I was part of. It consists in asking students to write a short text giving their opinions about some aspects of their English lessons. I used to ask my students to do this at the end of each year, but this time I prefered to do it at this moment of the year since I can make improvements before the end of the course. Some aspects students can be asked to write about are:
- An activity they liked / didn't like and why
- A topic / content they feel that wasn't clear/ they understood
- A kind of activity they would like to do / a topic they would like to study or practice more.
Today my students wrote really constructive comments and I am happy to see that they have become very critical thinkers. I believe it is good and necessary to make students take part in the teachers' plannings and encourage them to be reflective and constructively critical. 
Well, finally I want to wish you all a wonderful winter holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment